Monday, May 11, 2009

Boston sports overload!!!!!!!


Another day, another Boston sports sweep. Does anybody ever get tired of this? I sure as hell don't. We started off with the Bruins completely dominating the Whalers. Granted, we're still down 3-2 in the series and we've never come back from 3-1 EVER, but I like our chances. The only thing that sucked was the sucker punch that Aaron Ward received from Scott Walker (automatically suspended) that basically broke his face. Apparently, he broke an orbital bone or something. We'll see if he's good to go for Game 6. If we take Game 6 in Carolina, it's over. They ain't beating us on home ice for a Game 7.



The Bruins game was followed by a ridiculous ending to the Celtics game. I'd like to give a more in-depth review of all of these games, but
  1. They were all being played at essentially the same time
  2. I was in a bar drinking with my softball team so there were plenty of distractions
So anyway, flash forward to the final minute. Big Baby makes the go ahead jumper with a little over 30 seconds to go to put the C's up by 1. CLUTCH. Then, with 11 seconds to go Big Baby fouls Rashard Lewis on a drive to the hoop when we were in the penalty. UN-CLUTCH. He makes both FTs to give the Magic a 1 point lead. The C's call timeout, draw up a play, Pierce takes the ball through a screen, draws 2 defenders leaving Big Baby open for a potential game winning bucket, followed by SWISH, push the fat kid out of the way, scream obscenities at the Orlando crowd, and get mobbed by his teammates. Naturally, everyone at the bar was going nuts. I was jumping around and hugging people like a little school girl. Big win, series tied at 2 games apiece.


As for the Sox game, I barely watched any of it because I was too busy watching the Bruins/Celts. However, I was able to make it home in time to catch the end of the game. Papelbon had gotten into a jam and there were men on 1st and 3rd with no outs when I got home. On a full count he strikes out Carlos Pena (Barlett stealing 2nd on the play. So 1 out now, men on 2nd and 3rd, and Papelbon strikes out BJ Upton for the second out. Up steps Red Sox killer Carl Crawford. Papelbon somehow struck him out to end the game and get out of a HUGE jam. The reason why I said that Papelbon "somehow" struck him out is because it amazes me that he can throw the same pitch 30 times in a row and people can't hit it. I don't think he threw anything other than a fastball the entire inning. And like I mentioned in a previous post, he's been doing this all year. But hey, if it keeps working I'll take it...

Lineup for this week:
  • Bruins game 6: Tuesday at 7PM
  • Celtics game 5: Tuesday at 8PM
  • Bruins game 7: Thursday (if necessary, game time TBD)
  • Celtics game 6: Thursday at 7PM
  • Red Sox: 3 game set with the Angels starting tomorrow, followed by 3 game set against the Mariners.

No comments: