Monday, September 14, 2009

Well that sucked...


What was supposed to be a great, epic weekend for me turned into a horrible failure. As you know, I went to New York to attend the US Open Super Saturday (both men's semifinal matches). It started off nice, as Frank and I managed to get from Boston to New York in just over 3 hours on Thursday. I was driving around 90mph the entire way and we didn't really hit any traffic so that was a good start. Got to NYC, had a great time there food-wise and social scene-wise, but mother nature decided to F me in the ass by raining out all of Friday's matches. That meant that Super Saturday turned into Super Sunday, which normally wouldn't be that bad, except for the fact that I had my softball playoffs Sunday morning that I had to be back for.


This happened while I was driving home.

So Saturday night, I sped home in 3 hours and made it back in time to attend Big Wil's bday bash at Wonderbar. Had a great time there (not as good as Balco apparently) and made it home in one piece. Yesterday, we had our softball playoffs and started off well by avenging our loss to Hung Lo last year which meant we'd be playing in the championship game for the 3rd year in a row. We won in 2007 and lost last year. The game was back and forth and in the end, we lost on a walkoff hit. Completely demoralizing but what can you do? What's done is done and there's always next year, but it still sucked. 2 Ls in the last 2 championship games were the difference between "great team" and "dynasty". Oh well, the quest for next year's championship begins today.

As for tennis, I missed being able to watch Nadal-Del Potro live, but that match wasn't that exciting as Del Potro won 6-2, 6-2, 6-2. However, the Federer-Djokovic match was really exciting and Federer hit a shot he deemed "the best shot of his career" which was a between the legs cross-court winner while running backwards after a Djokovic lob. Amazing. So let's recap: I missed out on watching the US Open live at Arthur Ashe Stadium and lost a championship game on a walkoff. I guess the correct term here is "F My Life"?

No comments: