Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Bruins are nasty

Source: Boston.com article

During the second shift of the night, Tom Kostopoulos, Montreal's third-line grinder, tried to make a statement. Kostopoulos saw Zdeno Chara along the wall, whirred up his legs, and charged at the Bruins captain. An instant later, it was Kostopoulos who was dragging himself up off the ice, knocked flat on his back. The Boston strongman had seen the hit coming, braced himself, and dropped Kostopoulos. The message was clear:
not in our house.

Let me just make this statement loud and clear: Boston's here. It's always fun watching the Bruins win, and it's extra sweet when we beat the fuckin Canadiens (or Habs or whatever you wanna call those douchebags). We clearly played the more physical game, as we have all season, and it's really paying off. Keep in mind, the B's were without three of our top forwards: Phil Kessel (mononucleosis, what the hell is that?, out for a month), Marco Sturm (knee injury, OUT FOR SEASON), and Milan "the Body" Lucic (undisclosed injury, day-to-day). Also, we lost defenceman Aaron Ward last night as well and we still beat their asses. Does this remind you of something? You're damn right. It's like the fuckin Patriots. Someone goes down, someone takes his place and still produces. I'm loving the depth on this team. Every line is a bonafide threat to score or to beat your ass into submission. And our goaltending situation is pretty damn solid. Yes, I know we're only a little over halfway through the season, but it's been awhile since anyone has been able to feel really good about this team. I realize that the Bruins made the postseason last year, but we lost 5-0 in game 7 to guess who? The fuckin Canadiens. So I'm sure they're eager to get that nasty stench out of their mouths and show everyone in the league who is boss. No, not Bruce Springsteen, but the Bruins.

Side note: The Bruins should be more solid in NHL '10 for PS3 next year. I played my roommate in NHL '09 (he chose the Bruins before I could and I ended up being the Red Wings), and I ended up beating him in all 3 fights. This is clearly not a realistic game if the Bruins are losing fights to the Red Wings. Anyway, NHL '09 is solid. It takes a little while to get used to the controls, but once you do, the game really takes off. It's not like those old games like NHL '95 where you can just skate across the crease and score top shelf every time. It actually takes some skill to score here. I like the challenge.

Baseball news


Congratulations Jim Rice on FINALLY being inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame (HOF)! It's about F-ing time. This guy deserved to be inducted years ago, but it seems like his previously unfriendly relationship with the baseball writers (who vote for Hall of Fame inductees) was what was causing this delay. Hey, maybe his numbers were borderline for the HOF, and maybe I'm just a Boston homer, but this guy deserved it. He was one of the most dominant hitters for over a decade. He was top 5 in MVP voting 6 times and even won the MVP award in 1978, where he led the American league in hits, slugging %, OPS, games played, at-bats, plate appearances, total bases, triples, home runs, RBIs, extra base hits, and was 3rd in batting average, and 2nd in runs scored. Read that again. HOLY FLUCKING SCHNIT! Oh by the way, he was also an 8-time All-Star. For more statistics, just go here. His numbers speak for themselves.

Also congrats to Rickey Henderson, the STEAL CHAMP of major league baseball. Best leadoff hitter of all time. This guy stole more shit than Winona Ryder. Welcome to the Hall of Fame mister Henderson. Also, take a peek at funny Rickey Henderson quotes.

The Red Sox introduced John Smoltz yesterday. I'm telling you, he's gonna be important down the stretch. You heard it here first...

Celtics


Looks like the Celtics have shown signs of getting out of their funk. They just beat the Raptors in a home-and-home and they got the Nets for a home-and-home. It's pretty hard to beat the same team in consecutive games, so if they can accomplish that twice in one week, I'll be impressed. However, we will be missing Perkins and Tony Allen again, so that hurts our starting lineup and some of our depth. I don't know, not much to say here. The Celtics need to step up their game because the Cavs, Magic, and Lakers are murking teams like the Celtics should be doing.

Patriots


It looks like it's open season on Patriots staff. First, we lose McDaniels to the Broncos, and next we lose Scott Pioli to the Chiefs. I wonder who's next? Honestly, I'm not that concerned. Belichick is the one who gave all of these guys their opportunities to develop and thrive in the Patriots organization. It wasn't vice versa. So we will find replacements or just promote from within like we normally do. Belichick is the genius, everyone else is just an apprentice. I'm glad that all of Belichick's disciples have gone on to get head coaching or GM positions because it really speaks to how prepared, detailed, and successful the Patriots organization is and will be for the forseeable future. Look, we lost Brady for the season and Matt Cassel still guided us to 11 wins. Some people will credit McDaniels for that, which is accurate, but who taught McDaniels and took him under his wing? Belichick. Basically, what I'm saying here is: As long as Bill Belichick is the head coach of the Patriots, we have nothing to worry about.


My Personal Life


Friday night, I went out with Balco and some other teammates to Celebrate Anne's bday. We started off the night at this guy Ross' place in the Back Bay area. Damn this dude has a sweet pad. It was sorta like a MTV Cribs apartment version. Two floors, big ass ceilings, big time TV room, all stainless steel appliances, etc. So we pregamed there, then headed over to Stix, which apparently is right next to Bar 33. It was cool meeting a bunch of new people, as well as hanging out with some heads that I hadn't seen in awhile. The DJ, for some reason, wanted to play eurotrash, but we kept requesting hip hop so the music changed back and forth every hour or so. We all got pretty lit up and I started rapping and dancing to the music as usual. I'm not sure if it's annoying or if people like it, but that's what I do when I'm drunk and listening to hip hop. Sue me. I had to wake up for flag football at 9:30 the following day so we called it a night at like 1:30am.

On Saturday, after my flag football game (we won), I went home, showered, got dressed and then went to my cousin Cynthia's wedding at the Park Plaza Hotel. You know, all wedding ceremonies should be like this. The entire wedding, from beginning to end, was maybe 15 minutes long. It was so fast that women didn't even have a chance to cry and guys didn't even have a chance to get bored. Also, it speeds up the ability to start drinking. After the wedding ceremony, there was a food/cocktail hour which was good and bad. The spread of food was solid, as I ate a bunch of cheese, crackers, shrimp, mushrooms, etc. The only thing that kind of sucked was, not the fact that it was a cash bar, but the fact that drinks were ridiculously expensive. I managed to get 4 heinekens for the low price of 30 DOLLARS. Read that sentence again. I can't even believe I just typed that. I could've gotten 2 lap dances and a Foxy Lady T-shirt for that price. So anyway, we mingled with a bunch of people then went back to my place and watched football and played Red Sox Jenga until the dinner reception at Hai La Moon.

Needless to say, we went to the banquet, got completely hammered, I danced with my mom, fell asleep at News afterwards, watched my cousin Danny slip on a manhole and land on his ass, then woke up the next morning and found out that Danny also puked in the barrel in my bathroom WHILE TAKING A SHIT. Just picture this. You're hungover, your head is spinning, you need to take a shit. You're on the shitter unleashing hell, then suddenly you have to bend over, grab a barrel and puke into it, all simultaneously. Good thing it wasn't me haha. I made him clean it up before I drove his ass home. I pretty much did absolutely nothing all day on Sunday. And that's exactly how life should be on Sundays. That's it for now. I'll write again later this week. Adios.

3 comments:

Carlos Quintana said...

"Side note: The Bruins should be more solid in NHL '10 for PS3 next year. I played my roommate in NHL '09 (he chose the Bruins before I could and I ended up being the Red Wings), and I ended up beating him in all 3 fights. This is clearly not a realistic game if the Bruins are losing fights to the Red Wings"

it may just be that i suck at that game. i'm up for a rematch tonight tho.

Sew Fresh said...

poor danny!

Cizzle said...

Reader correction... DC is the greatest lead-off hitter of all time, not Rickey Henderson! "Today...I am the greatest of all time!" Actually, he was my hero growing up (until Deion came on the scene) just the fastest dude I have ever seen!