Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's Recap

I wanna start off with a birthday shout out to Jerry M. Just remember, 40 is the new 30!


My body is absolutely destroyed from drinking for 6 nights in a row. My brain isn't even functioning correctly, but here is an attempt to summarize what happened...

Tuesday 12/30/08 - By request, I held pasta night at my place because everybody loves my fuckin pasta. I gotta admit, it's pretty damn good. It's sweet, but with a spicy kick to it. Just think about that. It boggles the mind. For the record, I only use wheat pasta because it's healthier and it cost the same as regular pasta. As for the sauce, I'm not telling you shit because it's a secret. Plus, I can make the entire meal in about 30-45 minutes. I rule. If you don't think so, then look at the URL to this blog.

Anyway, people decided to bring brownie mix and garlic bread to supplement the feast. Thank you Richie, thank you Krissi. Also in attendance was Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) beer and a little game called Cranium. Thank you Ed and Alan, thank you Mei. I'm sure you are wondering why the hell we were drinking PBR. Well here's why. We watched the new Clint Eastwood movie "Gran Turino" the night before. It was great. He was drinking PBR throughout the movie. There's your explanation. As for Cranium, I am declaring this as the best game ever created. It's like a combination of Pictionary, Charades, Trivial Pursuit, and a few other games all combined into one. We had 5 guys and 4 girls, so we decided to split into 3 teams of 3. I was on a team with 2 other girls so my team was the only team with 3 girls. Needless to say, the game was full of laughs, drinking, intense competition, and blatant stupidity, which coincidentally is synonymous with my life. The game was so close that every team had an opportunity to win the game at the end. Naturally, my team lost because God is still punishing me for not going to Church even though I live right down the street. But it sure as hell was fun.

We are now planning on holding a "Game Night" regularly because A) it's a shitload of fun and B) we'll save money by not going to the bars/clubs. If you are interested in this, please let me know. My roommate Jon already ordered Cranium and I might order the Trivial Pursuit 25th Anniversary Edition soon. We also have Guitar Hero fully functioning at this time. Our guitars broke a couple of weeks ago, but we now have replacements. YOU ROCK!

After dinner and game night, we ended up going to Blue 22 for the rest of the evening. It was NiMan's birthday so we chilled, had some drinks, watched some funny karaoke, and called it a successful night.

Wednesday 12/31/08 - New Year's Eve. As you can see from the posts below, I did an ode to 2008 in rhyme form. That's pretty much all I accomplished at work that day. That night, I went to a house party over by Northeastern with Big Ed Wong and Little Krissi Zhou. Unsurprisingly, I ended up drinking like a fish (to the tune of over 20 drinks), apparently did hip hop karaoke, ended up at Blue 22 at 1:30am and drank a ridiculous amount of alcohol in 30 minutes, flopped around like a retard, then went to the Quincy Marriott and passed out, then somehow ended up in my bed at like 4:30am. I'd like to discuss this night in more detail, but unfortunately this is all that I remember. Isn't that what New Year's Eve is supposed to be? Sadly, I did not get laid that night, but I vaguely remember big Dave Wong try to molest me with his boxers on at the hotel. Correction: maybe I did get laid that night.

Thursday 1/1/09 - Woke up New Year's Day WITHOUT a hangover. I was pretty pumped about that. Plus, my ass wasn't sore so I guess I wasn't violated by my Godbrother. I laid around most of the day until I was suckered into going to The Greatest Bar for the Rose Bowl (Penn State vs. USC). My roommate Jon is a Penn State alum so he was all amped up for the game and forced me to go with him. So I, in turn, got Steve-O and Balco to come along as well. The place was pretty damn packed. Apparently, the Greatest Bar is a Penn State alumni home base or something because the entire bar was filled with Penn State apparel. Too bad Penn State didn't win because I wanted to see the entire place go nuts. It wasn't even a contest. USC completely dominated them. I would've been concerned about all the glum faces there, but fortunately I had been drinking throughout the duration of the game so all I was doing was searching for hot chicks in the bar or in the stands on TV. Unsuccessful on both fronts. The only thing I succeeded in doing was dropping a deuce in the bathroom before we left. I wanted to hold it in until we got home, but I had a turtle head sticking out since halftime and I couldn't hold on any longer. We left the bar and went to get Pho before heading home and crashing for the evening.
Friday 1/2/09 - I woke up really early because someone had to fuckin work that day. That SOMEONE was me. So I went to work completely exhausted from drinking for the last 3 days and somehow I actually banged out a bunch of work. Popped into the gym after work, got through a weak workout, then headed home and proclaimed that I would not be drinking or going out that night. And of course, neither of those things happened. Apparently, it ended up being a friend's birthday that night so guess where we went? Yup, Foxy Lady. We decided to "take it easy" that night by only going to the Brockton location instead of making the trek to Providence. The night can be summarized like this: booze, tits, booze, tits, booze, tits, booze, tits. It's very nice inside this place, definitely not a dump. This place could pass as a restaurant if they rearranged it a little bit, and by "rearrange" I mean "remove the stripper poles". Anyway, as far as the entertainment was concerned, they had this cool promotion there where you can get a 2 for 1 lap dance and a t-shirt during certain times of the night. Our group left with a lot of new t-shirts.

Saturday 1/3/09 - Rolled outta bed around 11ish and somehow gathered enough strength and motivation to go to the gym with Jon and Balco. Ran into a bunch of Waltham heads there and played some hoop until I wanted to puke, then did a quick lifting workout and got the F outta there. We then completely wasted everything we worked out for by eating a massive meal at Burger King on the way home. I decided to lay down for the rest of the afternoon, watching college basketball and playoff NFL football. I ended up going to Blue 22 that night (which resulted in the first image of this blog) and proceeded to DRINK AGAIN! For the umpteenth time, I AM AN IDIOT. I am clearly a social alcoholic. Had another 20+ drinks that night, got shitcanned and made my way home somehow. Drinking this much is clearly not a good idea considering I am taking supplements that already dehydrate me to begin with.

Sunday 1/4/09 - My cousin Rob called me that morning to meet up for lunch, so I rallied the troops and we ended up having about 9 people go to Hai La Moon for dim sum. Nothing really to talk about here other than the fact that my Dad showed up, ate, then left without paying in what is referred to as the "chew n screw". I applauded that move. After dim sum, a few of us headed back to my place to play an intense hour of Red Sox Jenga, which consisted of red blocks and blue blocks. Basically, it's like regular Jenga except you roll a dice that has different baseball terms on it which indicate what move you're supposed to make. For example, if you rolled "RBI", it means you had to remove a red block. If you rolled a "Walk", you had to remove a blue block, and so on and so forth. Since I am the epitome of 'calm under pressure', I was the only one who didn't knock the Jenga tower over. We actually had someone knock the tower over on the first pull and she wasn't even drunk. That takes skill.

After Jenga time, I watched football and then headed over to Maggiano's at 4pm for family dinner. By family dinner, I don't mean just my immediate family. We had 25 fuckin people there. We put the Last Supper to shame with this one. My Mom organized the whole thing, which consisted of tons of wine, calamari, stuffed mushrooms, and two types of salad for the appetizer, chicken piccata, salmon, mashed potatoes, and spinach for the main course, and profiteroles and tiramisu for dessert. Did I mention that all of these dishes were BOTTOMLESS. This means that they would keep bringing more and more as long as we kept finishing the plates. I don't know, I felt like I had to explain that since people might misconstrue the term 'bottomless' as a sexual connotation. Well if you need your sexual fix, get this. The girls at the Foxy Lady on Friday night were BOTTOMLESS. There ya go.

Somehow this dinner lasted 4 hours. I don't even know how that's possible, but it happened. It was so long that I managed to take 3 shits in the restaurant during dinner. I only mention this because one of the times I went into the bathroom, a big black guy walks out of the stall and goes "you ain't gonna want to go in there for awhile", smiles, washes his hands, then leaves. I tried waiting to let the bathroom air out, but it got to the point where I had to go in there to crap. I walked into the stall and the stench hit me like a right uppercut. I had to pull my shirt over my head just to neutralize it a little bit. This is my life.

So I FINALLY got home close to 9pm, showered (I had to considering I was sweating from eating and my ass was dirty), and immediately laid down and passed out.

Other news:
  • The video section is now full of clips from Wedding Crashers. I chose that feed because not only are the clips hilarious, but my cousin Cynthia is getting married this weekend so I thought there were some parallels here.
  • I'm watching the Celtics game right now and somehow we're in overtime versus the Bobcats. What the fuck is going on here? We should be dominating these peons.
  • I'm going to the Celtics vs. Rockets game tomorrow night. The Celtics better fuckin win. I'm sick of all of these losses to shitty teams. By shitty teams, I mean "any team other than the Celtics".
  • The Bruins have lost 2 in a row. The ship is sinking!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Yesterday was the 89th anniversary of the Red Sox selling Babe Ruth to the Yankees. Good move guys. Coincidentally, today was the first day Mark Teixeira was officially announced as a Yankee. They're not winning shit this year. They have no chemistry. Next year they'll be dangerous though.
  • Looks like the Patriots are gonna franchise Matt Cassel, which means that they'll be paying him about $14 million next year. I think that this is a good backup plan in case Brady doesn't come back at full strength. If Brady does, the Patriots can always trade Cassel. That wouldn't be a problem since so many other teams are looking for a competent QB.
  • The Celtics just lost to the Bobcats. Please light me on fire.
  • I need a haircut. Look at the picture below.


BARBARIC!

No comments: