Friday, January 30, 2009

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber...


I'd like to congratulate Big Q for not only losing his 4th consecutive "Lock of the Day", but losing it in such a downright awful and pathetic fashion. The team he chose last night, Illinois, looked like me playing pick-up basketball (translation: not good at all). The final score was 59-36, NOT Illinois. How do you only score 36 points in an entire game? It's not like they were running the Princeton offense and waiting until under 5 seconds on the shot clock to shoot. They were just absolutely terrible. And the reason why? Because Big Q picked them. It's getting to the point where I might start gambling again. I'll just wait for Big Q's lock, then bet my entire life savings on the opposite team. This can't fail right? Only problem is, he lost 3 (not counting the push), won 3, then he lost 4. The pattern seems to suggest that he will win the next 4 picks and TOTALLY REDEEM HIMSELF. I don't see it happening...

So it looks like I got a fun-filled weekend coming up. After work today, I plan on going to Sidebar for Happy Hour. You can't really beat 10 cent wings and 2 dollar pints of Bud Light. Giddy up. After that, I think we're heading to Loews to watch that new movie "Taken". All the reviews say that the movie is an action-packed, edge-of-your-seat, and COMPLETELY IMPLAUSIBLE SCENARIO. This is perfect for me today. Sometimes you just don't want to have to think. If you are looking for an all around spectacular movie, however, then I suggest Slumdog Millionaire. Not sure if I wrote about it in a previous entry, but this is the movie of the year, hands down. STAMPED IT. Not sure what I'm doing after the movie, but since I'm starting to feel really old, there's a chance I might just call it a night and hit the sheets.

I got a pretty nice little Saturday lined up. We're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

In actuality, my real Saturday looks like this. I'm going to wake up early and hit the gym (still working out 5 times a week). Then I'm gonna come home, make some breakfast, then help my roommate fix the front door to the condo. Apparently it's loose (that's what she said) so we need to tighten it up a bit. Just so you can appreciate how truly "responsible" I am, I'm gonna follow that by ordering a new frying pan and cleaning up the place (vacuum, possibly attempt to corral all the wires hanging around, etc.). After that, I'm heading over to Franklin for our softball team get-together where we'll choose names, jerseys, drink some beers, and eat a bunch of food. Always a good time. From there, I'm heading to Sports Depot in Allston/Brighton to watch UFC 94 baby! What a fuckin card lined up. Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida, Karo Parisyan Vs. Dong Hyun Kim, Stephan Bonnar Vs. Jon Jones, Lyoto Machida Vs. Thiago Silva, and finally the MEGAFIGHT: Georges St-Pierre Vs. BJ Penn. This is two top 5 fighters going head to head in a battle for the ages. My head is going to explode just thinking about watching this fight card. I will also be really drunk when I watch this.

Super Bowl Sunday is going to consist of me rolling out of bed whenever my body feels ready. I'm not sure where I'm going to watch the game as of yet, got a few options lined up. I'm pretty sure I'd like to avoid driving because I'll most likely be hammered, but you never know with me. What are people doing for the Super Bowl? Leave a comment.

Sports News


  • Celtics: How the FUCK is Ray Allen not an all-star reserve?
  • Bruins: After playing like dogshit the first 2 periods last night, they made a valiant comeback, took the lead, then blew the game in the final 2 minutes and overtime. Hey, at least they got a point. I was chalking it up as a straight L after watching the first 2 periods.
  • Red Sox: I guess we'll know later today if Varitek is going to be our catcher next year. I sure hope so, but if not, what can you do?
  • Patriots: I can't wait for us to win another Super Bowl this Sunday! Oh wait, we're not in it? What, we had 11 wins and didn't make the playoffs? Well that's unfortunate.

Have a good weekend everyone! Stay warm, stay safe, don't drink and drive, and GO CARDINALS!

The Cardinals cheerleaders ready for the money shot special.

13 comments:

Carlos Quintana said...

Mr Potatohead - we should challenge illinois in a game of pick-up. we might even be favored against them after last night's pathetic display. 16 1st half points and 29% FG%.

Let me know if you're interested - i'll even put the Q lock on illinois to ensure a victory.

JM said...

I think we're going to the Double Deuce for the big game.

Frank said...

I'm excited to see Q's pick on the BC/Vtech basketball game tomorrow night...haha.

Anonymous said...

Don't you dare pick the BC/VT game.

Carlos Quintana said...

pipe down over there frank otherwise i'm taking BC to win outright.

Frank said...

I'm going to the BC/Vtech basketball game so you better pick that game. Pick BC to win outright...come on you know you want to...

Carlos Quintana said...

hey frank - any chance the financials drop off again early/mid feb? i wanted to hit up BAC at $5.25 but apparently etrade sucks, there's like a 2 week lock on stocks under $10 from the time you deposit.

Mr. Potato Head said...

WE GOT YOUR NUMBER!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Taken...me in Batman Begins minus a handsome leading man like Christian Bale. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hey gooks, get off my lawn!

Anonymous said...

Bitch, how many bullets you got?

Anonymous said...

Relax, zipperhead. I'm not gonna shoot you. I'd look down too, if I was you. You know, I knew you were a dipshit the first time I ever saw you. Then I thought you were worse with women than stealing cars... Toad.

Anonymous said...

I'm a fucking all-star beyotch!