Monday, March 23, 2009

March Madness update

I wouldn't say that my bracket is busted at this point, but I am pretty concerned since I have Pitt winning the entire thing. They have looked shaky at best in the two games they have played.

If Pitt is going to win it all, Mr. Blair needs to steer the ship.


As you can see from my tourney picks, I didn't do too poorly over the last 4 days. My overall record in terms of wins/losses was 38-10. However, I did pick Arizona St. to upset Syracuse yesterday, which didn't happen, and I also had them picked to beat Oklahoma in the Sweet 16. Good thing James Harden showed up for the tournament. He decided to shoot 3-18 in the two games (against Temple and 'Cuse), while scoring a combined 19 points. Good thing he averaged 20 points per game during the regular season. Ass.

Way to ruin a portion of my bracket Mr. Harden.


So there goes one of my Elite 8 picks. The rest of my Elite 8 picks are still in tact (Pitt, Nova, UNC, Louisville, Kansas, UConn and Missouri) so I'm happy about that. Like I said before, Pitt looks shaky, Nova was shaky but righted the ship, same goes for UNC, Kansas, Louisville, and UConn. Missouri won a nail biter against Marquette yesterday because some meathead on Marquette got called for an inbounds violation with 5 seconds left and his team down 2. What a bonehead play. Not only did it screw him team over, but it also screwed over everyone who bet on Marquette. The line was Missouri -3, and that dumbo's mistake ended up giving Missouri the ball, Marquette fouled, and 2 free throws accounted for the final 4 point margin of 83-79. Instead of identifying and naming that bonehead, I will give you this picture instead.

Gooooo Missouri!!!!


A few other college basketball notes:
  • BC got smoked by USC, naturally
  • Syracuse looks very dangerous. I could actually see them winning it all
  • Could we see a final 4 of all Big East squads? I say yes
  • Blake Griffin is NASTY, even if he gets tons of superstar calls
  • Can Duke please lose already?
  • Same thing with Gonzaga
  • Michigan State won't win it all unless they bring back Mateen Cleaves and Mo Pete

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the ref blew the whistle and told me I had stepped on the line, the only thing I could think of was:

"Big Q must of had us as his LOCK OF THE DAY"

KmB said...

Yea, I have Pitt winning everything too :-) I hope we're right cuz I got $5 in office pool money going on it-- and I like returns on my investments!!!!