Thursday, March 26, 2009

March Madness continues


Okay, so after 3 long days it appears that March Madness will resume tonight with four Sweet 16 games. I've posted my picks on the right column as usual. I won't be updating the results in real time this time because someone (and by someone, I mean ME) is going to the games tonight at the Garden. In case you didn't know, I'm kind of a big deal. That's why I get to go to all these sporting events. Actually, no. My coworker just happened to have an extra ticket.

But anyway, two things I want to talk about in regards to the tournament:
  1. I've heard that they don't sell alcohol at all tournament venues. So essentially, if I want to get hamfaced tonight, I'm going to have to pregame or sneak a flask in with me. How stupid is this? This isn't high school basketball folks. They know everyone is going to be drunk anyway so why not capitalize on this and make some money. Obviously this is a NCAA rule and not a Banknorth Garden rule, which is dumb because if you want fans to be passionate, they need to be under the influence. That's just how it goes in today's society.

  2. Before the tournament began, I made an agreement to hold off from shaving or getting a haircut until my pick to win it all (Pittsburgh) gets eliminated. Pitt is still in it and I still have not shaved or gotten a haircut (even though I needed a haircut before I agreed to this to begin with). So if Pitt happens to win tonight and on Saturday, it looks like I'll go another week looking like the caveman from those Geico commercials. I'm not going to lie, Pitt losing won't be such a bad thing since I'm getting disapproving looks from my superiors at work because of my appearance. However, I'm very competitive so I want Pitt to win even if it means making everyone who comes in contact with me as uncomfortable as possible. Long story short: I look disgusting.

I don't look like this... yet.

So I guess what I'm saying is "let's go Pitt"??

No comments: