Friday, June 19, 2009

FML

Have any of you ever gone to fmylife.com? Well, according to their site:

Fmylife.com contains a daily dose of short anecdotes, based on a simple recipe: in a few sentences, users can tell everyone the shitty moment which ruined their day. These short stories must begin with "Today" and end with "FML". On top of being a huge release for the person telling their story, delightfully proving that "fuck ups" happen to everybody every day, fmylife.com also aims to be funny for everyone involved, as well as a way to share your misfortunes with other unlucky individuals, bearing in mind that self deprecation and a sense of irony are essential!

Here's an example of a post:

Today, this really attractive woman that I've known for years told me that when I can have sex with her standing up, she'll have sex with me. I'm confined to a wheelchair. FML

Now as you peruse the site, you're probably assuming (like I have) that some of the posts are real, but most of them are fake. To be honest, I could give two shits about whether or not they are real. All that matters is that they are funny.

Well this brings me to a story about a friend of mine who had a real FML moment. Here's what happened. My friend had 4 tickets to a Red Sox / Yankees game so he decided to ask this girl he is interested in if she would like to accompany him. She said sure and asked if she could bring her friend. So my buddy is thinking "great, I got 2 girls and me, now I just need someone else to go". Naturally, he asks me because I am a huge Red Sox fan and one of his good friends. I tell him of course I'd go. I mean, c'mon, it's a Sox / Yanks game and there's gonna be 2 chicks there. No brainer.

Guess what happens? Me and my buddy arrive at the game, get some beers and sit in our seats. Then, in the middle of the first inning, this chick shows up with her friend. Unfortunately for my friend (and I guess for me too), that "friend" happened to be her BOYFRIEND. So throughout the game, my buddy had to sit there and watch the girl he invited flirting with her boyfriend, while I sat there drinking beers and giggling at what just happened. Fortunately for all my readers, the story doesn't end here. See below for the best picture ever:

This is an actual picture of my friend wearing the shirt his co-workers bought for him after he told them his story. And I am happy to share this with you all.

Have a nice weekend.

4 comments:

JM said...

Damn, he could have gotten 4x the face value for those tickets.

Person B said...

I paid my friend 4x face value for Red Sox tickets. FML

Mr. Potato Head said...

This individual was spotted wearing that shirt last night at Sanctuary. High comedy.

Sew Fresh said...

awwww poor ....... ! but love that tshirt!