Friday, July 17, 2009

Drama in work league soccer (continued)...

To have some sense of what is going on, please review the original post about the drama in work league soccer. Here is an updated email string as to new happenings in this wonderful league:

From: Navy Blue Team Captain
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:26 PM
To: Injured Player
Subject: Are you OK?

Injured Player,

Are you OK? You left early in the second half due to an injury. How bad does it feel today?

Navy Blue Team Captain


From: Injured Player
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:30 PM
To: Navy Blue Team Captain
Subject: RE: Are you OK?

Hey Navy Blue Team Captain,

Yeah, not doing that great. My knee swelled up really badly right after that. I iced it all night and it was still really bad in the morning, so I went to the hospital for x rays and met with an orthopedic doctor. He says he thinks it is either a torn ACL or torn cartiledge based on all the swelling. I have an MRI late tonight to determine if their is in fact a tear or not. Looks like I will be out for the rest of the season. Thank you for checking in.

From: Navy Blue Team Captain
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:38 PM
To: Rest of the Captains in the league
Subject: FW: Are you OK?

Guys:

One of our players got injured pretty badly yesterday. See email below (just refer to the string above). We’ll have to be careful about the level of contact to prevent such incident in future games.

Navy Blue Team Captain


From: Navy Blue Team Captain
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:02 PM
To: Rest of the Captains in the league
Subject: RE: Are you OK?

I got more details from the injured player. He confirmed it was an accident and the other player was not at fault as he did not commit any foul. Our player was just trying to avoid running into him, which the other guy admitted to me yesterday. We’ll have to be more careful and hopefully avoid such accident.


From: Royal Blue Team Captain #1
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 8:45 AM
To: Rest of the Captains in the league
Subject: RE: Are you OK?

This is really something we should try to give more attention. Another issue is the language being used during the game. Between the few things that were said to me during last game

F…., M.. F…,C…S… the one that really made me mad was: Why don’t you learned English before you talk to me.

This should be a fun league and competitive to the minimum level.


Quick note: how many people immediately recognized that as being "Fuck, Motherfucker, Cock Sucker"? Moving on...


From: Royal Blue Team Captain #2
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:19 AM
To: Rest of the Captains in the league
Subject: RE: Are you OK?

This type of language and behavior should not be tolerated. We should review and change the league constitution to confront these situations.

We should consider invite anyone that behaves this way to join a different league and that they are not welcome to play with us.

Royal Blue Team Captain #1,

I feel sorry for what happened to Injured Player. I believe that our game was played fairly and they were no intention from both teams to injury any players.

We even agree at the end of the game that best result should have been a tie.

-Royal Blue Team Captain #2


From: Royal Blue Team Captain #3
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:45 AM
To: Rest of the Captains in the league
Subject: RE: Are you OK?

Hi All,

As we come into the final games of the season, please remind your teams of the league’s constitution. The captains agreed to this constitution prior to the start of the season and it is our responsibility to keep our teams within it.

Should you be faced with a situation where the play is getting “dangerous”, please keep in mind that the rules due contain a line about a captain’s agreement on a “sin bin”. Even if that means stopping the game for a time so that cooler heads can prevail.

Overall, I think teams are enjoying the experience with the league. Let’s keep that in focus as we finish the year and look forward to a 2nd year in 2010.

All teams appear to have experienced the injury bug on Tuesday night. I hope all injured players are recovering and that none of the injuries are serious.

If you have any questions and/or additional concerns, please do not hesitate to contact myself or Royal Blue Team Captain #4. Good luck on the rest of the season!

Royal Blue Team Captain #3



Quick note: I'm assuming here that the "sin bin" is something like a penalty box in hockey.

From: Sissy
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:04 AM
To: Rest of the Captains in the league


Subject: RE: Are you OK?

Hi,

I agree with Royal Blue Captain #2,

There is no reason to tolerate such a behavior/language in this league now and we cannot just hope things will not happen. At this point everyone knows the constitution.

It’s time to react and I recommend that our captains vote and invite this person(?) to leave this league immediately.


Sissy


Quick note: YES!!! Sissy is back!

From: Black Team Captain
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:18 AM
To: Rest of the Captains in the league


Subject: RE: Are you OK?

I disagree with the notion to vote someone out of the league. To me, the consequences of the precedent that will set will spin out of control. We do not have a league commissioner to fine or suspend players and since we all have full time jobs outside of being (work league) soccer captains, I don’t think any of us should be put in the position to police the league in such a way.

I do, however, agree with Royal Blue Team Captain #3 that we should all remind our players of the constitution -- because how many of your team members have really read it? In addition to that, and more importantly, it is up to us to keep these games under control as they are occurring. Perhaps we could all put a little more effort into the refereeing of our games and utilizing the “sin bin” to re-teach our teammates that foul language and dirty play is not going to be tolerated in this soccer league. There is a lot we can do to fix this and kicking one individual out of the league will not solve this problem.

Black Team Captain


From: Sissy
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:21 PM
To: Rest of the Captains in the league


Subject: RE: Are you OK?

>>I do, however, agree with John that we should all remind our players of the constitution -- because how many of your team members have really read it?

Pardon me but

Does it mean that adult and professional players in this league may not know that they should not swear and a language like “learn English first….”

has a racist tone?


Sissy


From: Royal Blue Team Captain #3
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 1:32 PM
To: Rest of the Captains in the League


Subject: RE: Are you OK?

On behalf of Royal Blue's office, I apologize for the previous comment.

Let’s table this discussion and move forward. The teams involved have closed this matter.

For (hopefully) the final time, best of luck in the coming weeks.



Alright, so there you have it. Based on this email string, I'm really surprised why they call soccer such a girl sport (sarcasm alert!). The amount of bitching in this league is downright laughable, annoying, yet strangely entertaining all at the same time.

FML of the week: Today, I thought it was a good idea to go number two while smoking a "cigarette". My ash tray was over by the sink so I decided to just ash in the toilet. While ashing between my legs, I sneezed and now I have a extremely uncomfortable burn on my man member. Smoking is bad. FML

MLIA of the week: Yesterday, I set my clock 10 minutes ahead so I'd think it was later than it really was when I got up for work next morning, so I wouldn't be late. This morning, I woke up and I knew the clock was advanced. I was late for work. MLIA

Have a good weekend everybody!

2 comments:

MLIA said...

I set my alarm clock 5 minutes ahead to trick myself into waking up early. but since I know that is ahead I hit the snooze button 1 extra time giving me 10 more minutes of sleep.

Sissy said...

We've voted and would like to invite you to stop writing your blog.