Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I know what game I'm watching tonight...

He was joking with Ryan Braun here. He won't be joking tonight.

Last night during the Dodgers/Brewers game, Manny Ramirez was hit by a pitch in the 7th inning of a 17-4 game (the Dodgers were leading 17-4). Naturally, the Dodgers decided to retaliate by hitting Prince Fielder with 2 outs in the 9th inning. Typically, that's par for the course. You hit my guy, I hit your guy, cooler heads prevail. Well apparently, that didn't happen last night as Prince Fielder essentially charged the Dodgers clubhouse after the game, but was restrained before actually getting in there to pound on Guillermo Mota (the pitcher who hit him).

From MSN.com: When the game ended, Fielder charged through the underground tunnels at Dodger Stadium to the door of the home clubhouse, shouting obscenities with many fellow Brewers trailing behind. Several security guards and teammates Bill Hall and Casey McGehee prevented Fielder from entering the locker room in search of Mota. "He ran over there, and they weren't going to let him in, and everybody came back," Milwaukee manager Ken Macha said. "I don't know if you can restrain Prince. I don't think I can. I don't think there's anybody else out there who can."

Fortunately, I have the MLB Extra Innings package so I will be watching this game tonight to see if someone gets decapitated.

No comments: