Friday, August 28, 2009

This is pretty cool

R.I.P.Ted Kennedy

You know me. I'm not a Democrat and I'm not a Republican. I'm just an asshole trying to make life interesting for you idiots at work who have nothing better to do than read my blog. So this is not a political post.

Regardless of your political affiliation, you've got to respect this story. As told by my friend's Dad:

Hi (name redacted),

I would like to share my gratitude to Senator with friends.

I would really like to sign the guest book to pay respect to Senator
Edward Kennedy. I feel that I owe him for his touch twice in my past.

First occasion was in September 1978, when I returned from Europe with my mother and sisters, received note from (wife) that she had permission to leave China to come to US, she was heading to meet me in Hong Kong. Expecting a long wait to get entry permit from Hong Kong US Consulate, I asked (name redacted) to get a letter from Senator Kennedy to expedite the process.

Unfortunately, after arriving Hong Kong, I
discovered I had left the letter in Boston. Immediately, I asked my future brother in law, (name redacted), to put the letter in express mail to Hong Kong. The letter produced instant visa approval from the Consulate. While we were waiting, we met, for the first time, the future Mrs. (name redacted).

Few years later, (wife) graduated from ESL
class in Hanscom Air Force Base, Senator Kennedy was there to personally present her with diploma.

The rest is history.

(My friend's Dad)

This is pretty cool huh? And to top it off, my friend's name is Edward. He was named after Senator Kennedy specifically because of this event.

No comments: