Monday, August 31, 2009

Tedy Bruschi is retiring today

After 13 years, Tedy Bruschi has decided to hang it up. Good for him. It's refreshing to see someone know when their time is up and call it a day, unlike some asshole who keeps retiring and un-retiring over and over again (read: Brett Fav-rah). By the way, I drafted Brett Favre on my fantasy team for comedic purposes. I did this because I wanted to see what it would be like to have a player retire in the middle of a season. Oh wait, I basically already experienced that when I drafted Troy Percival (the closer for the Rays) for my fantasy baseball team and that sucked. Brett Favre, you're a d-bag but you do keep things interesting. I can't wait for you to retire and then un-retire in the offseason once again.

Anyway, back to the man of the day. Tedy Bruschi, thank you for being an integral part of the Patriots' 3 super bowl winning teams. Thank you for being a constant reminder that people who have suffered strokes can make it back. And thank you for being smart and getting out of the league while you can still walk and lead a normal life.

No comments: